Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 14

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 14

So yesterday I was complaining about eating out. Though it is tough to find suitable (and appetizing) options, it is doable. I promise! For instance, last weekend I went to a wine bar with some friends for dinner and got this delicious-tasting tuna with squash sticks and zucchini balls, and topped with a green tomato dressing. Here's some photos of it...


And below is one of my meals out while in Atlanta. I got this from Yeah! Burger. Yeah! Burger is one of the restaurants in Atlanta where it's a bit easier to get Paleo-friendly meals, and they use grass-fed beef! Then again, a lot of specialty burger joints are easy to get Paleo-friendly choices when you don't mind giving up the bun. It comes down to how the burger is cooked, as in what oil is used. For instance, a lot of my Paleo friends and I used to believe that Smashburger was a good option for us, however we found out that, like Chipotle, they cook with soybean oil. Suddenly, that bun-less burger is no longer Paleo. Sad. If you want other Paleo-friendly options in Atlanta, Farm Burger is a good choice. They also use grass-fed beef. If you want a restaurant that actually offers Paleo options, check out Urban Pl8. Urban Pl8 has paired up with some Atlanta Crossfits to offer home-delivered Paleo meals, which is so incredibly handy for those who want to go Paleo, but just don't have the time to cook all of their meals.

Anyways, Yeah! Burger was a good option, and they do have a gluten-free bun option. I got a grass-fed beef burger with a side of Brussels sprouts and a cider, and it's reasonably priced. This was technically before I started Whole 30, so no judging allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment