Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 21

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 21

Wow. Has it already been 3 weeks? It doesn't feel like it's been that long. At least not right now. There are other times that it feels like ages, but as I've mentioned, it's primarily when I'm craving snacks or something to drink other than water. That might be when I most want to drink alcohol. Not for the fact that it's alcohol, but for that fact that it's a flavor other than plain water. Sure, sure, I could give my water some flavor by tossing in a couple slices of orange, lemon, or lime, or some frozen raspberries or something like that. There are options, but that also requires effort. More effort than opening a bottle of wine and pouring myself a glass would be.

Anyways, it's not a super difficult struggle, so at least we know my willpower is still kicking. I just want to remember the way I feel now so that when my Whole 30 is up, I don't attack all of those foods that aren't Paleo, but are gluten-free and dairy-free. We'll see what happens in 9 days. Maybe my Whole 30 will last a bit longer?

Here's what I whipped together for dinner last night and tonight (I've been lazy this weekend, so it's mainly just me tossing veggies together with leftover chicken, egg, and some seasonings).
Chicken with over-easy egg and sautéed zucchini, leek, cherry tomato, and baby kale.

Chicken with egg and stir-fried carrots, leek, zucchini, and baby kale and baby spinach. I cooked the veggies with some coconut aminos (from my shopping trip yesterday) and a few splashes of fish sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment