Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 29

Monday, September 16, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 29

I'm almost done... Except I'm adding a couple more days to make up for my cheat days. I'm obviously the type of person that can be really good about following something until I have one slip up, and then it's a lot harder to stick with it. So, I'm going to keep up the Whole 30 until Friday (day 33), even though I know that the 30 days have been blown by the fact that I had those cheats. Once you put that in your system, you can't "make it up" by extending it. I know this, but I'm doing it anyways. Kind of as penance I guess. The only things that I intend to change come Saturday are:

1. I will allow alcohol for some social situations.
2. I will allow myself to make foods that contain Whole 30-approved ingredients, but could be labeled as Sex With Your Pants On (SWYPO). I see Paleo pumpkin concoctions and crackers in my future.
3. I will restrict the amount of nuts and fruits I'm consuming.

Reasoning behind number 3: I've noticed that I seem to be eating a lot more nuts and fruits which I guess I'm viewing as "treats" since I'm not letting myself have "sweets" or cheats, like gluten-free crackers. I think that my face might be breaking out because of the increased nuts and sugars, so I'm going to give it a try. One of my weaknesses lately has been dried fruit, in particular dried mango, which is vaguely hilarious to me, since I used to hate mango. My how Paleo has changed my taste buds.

This will coincide nicely with a day excursion for Highland games. I love all things Celtic, so I'll be in heaven surrounded by kilts, dancing, men in kilts, bagpipes, men in kilts throwing trees, turkey legs, men in kilts throwing trees and giant stones, Celtic jewelry... need I continue? I may even go for mead. We'll see what the day brings. I promise to provide photos!

Now to what I ate for lunch today...

Ground Beef Salad

1/2 lb grass-fed ground beef
salt and pepper, roughly 1/4 tsp each
2 shakes tabasco sauce
1/4 orange bell pepper, sliced (chopped is better if you're not feeling lazy like I was)
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
2 cups mixed greens

1. Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium heat on the stove.
2. Once the pan is hot, add the ground beef, crumbling as you toss into the pan. Add the salt and pepper and stir.
3. Cook for 5-10 minutes, or until all of the ground beef has turned brown.
4. Serve with the remaining ingredients. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment