Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 18

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 18

For ages when I made hard-boiled eggs, I struggled with removing the shell. I'd try like crazy to remove the shell without pulling the egg with it. I looked online and found lots of different options. I tried one method that had you add vinegar to the water; another where you boiled the water, then removed the pot from the stove, put the eggs in the pot, and put the lid on the pot, but it seemed like every time, the egg would stick to the shell and no matter how slowly or carefully I went, my resulting egg looked like a hot mess. So I decided to try a different way, and this is what worked wonderfully for me.

How to cook the perfect hard-boiled egg
1. Bring pot of water to a boil, ensure the water is high enough that it will cover the eggs. Add a shake of salt to the water and stir.
2. Add your eggs to the pot and boil for 3 minutes.
3. Put cover on the pot and remove from heat. Let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 minutes.
4. Transfer eggs to an ice bath until they cool completely. Now you're ready to peel and enjoy.

Look at how smooth that sucker is...

As promised, here are some of the photos of the plated Korean Beef Short Ribs I made on Monday. You can also check out the original post (which I have since updated) for these photos. Enjoy the deliciousness!


No comments:

Post a Comment