Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 33

Friday, September 20, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 33

Well, I lasted through the week. And I'm done with my Whole 33 (i.e. 33 days). I celebrated the end with drinks at a charity bar. I'm sure you're wondering what a charity bar is. Well, it's a bar that donates its proceeds to a different charity each month. The bar picks four charities for one month. For each drink that your buy, you get a token, which you get to put in the barrel that corresponds to the charity of your choice. I think that's a valid reason to start drinking again after a month's hiatus, right?The charity I supported was the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (for good reason if you remember my family's recent diagnosis of hairy cell leukemia). I managed to convince a few other patrons to donate to LLS. It's amazing what you can do by meeting new people.

Speaking of meeting new people... it's amusing what people think they can get away with at bars. For instance, there were a couple of guys whom I was talking to who had French accents, yet tried to convince me that they were Russian. Why? I have no clue. Is it more bad-ass to be Russian? But I do know that I'm not that bad at identifying accents. I'm pretty sure I can distinguish French vs. Russian. And what I didn't tell them is that I use to take some French classes, so I can still identify a few words. Really people? Americans aren't that dense.

How-To Cut a Mango
1. Use a peeler to remove the skin of the mango


2. Slice the mango length-wise 360 degrees. Push the knife into the mango until you hit the pit. You'll know it when you do.

3. Then insert the knife into one of the cuts that your made - as far in as you can. Turn the knife to the side, and pull sideways, against the pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment