Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 26

Friday, September 13, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 26

Check that out, y'all. I'm almost done with a Whole 30. I admit to having my first cheat today. I had a soda... I know! It's terrible, but I needed it. I have an out-of-town regatta tomorrow and had to drive this afternoon, because I had no desire to make a 2:30 a.m. drive before a day of races. As I was driving, I was having a lot of trouble staying focused and kept wanting to close my eyes, just for a little bit. Sleeping while driving is really not acceptable, so I pulled off at a Bucee's gas station to buy myself some caffeine. Try not to judge so much. I at least made it to my destination in one piece.

Want to know what I ate for a pre-drive breakfast? Of course you do...

Asparagus and Pepper Scramble

3 eggs
1/2 red pepper, cut into large chunks
1/3 bunch of asparagus
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup baby kale/spinach/arugula
1 tsp garlic salt
3/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 pinch cayenne
1 Tbls olive oil

1. Rinse your asparagus and cut the bottom 1-2 inches off the stalk.
2. Wrap the asparagus in paper towels, and briefly run the wrapped bunch under the faucet so it's a bit damp.
3. Microwave for 3.5 minutes.
4. While the asparagus is being microwaved, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
5. Toss in the peppers once the asparagus is hot. Cook for a couple minutes, until starting to soften.
6. Chop the asparagus into 1-inch pieces, and add to the pan with the peppers.
7. Add in the tomatoes, cabbage, and mixed greens. Cook for about a minute, then add the whisked eggs.
8. Stir often until the eggs are cooked, then eat.

After checking into the hotel, I immediately drove over to the boathouse to help unload boats from our trailer and then rig them. After dinner, we went to Rodeo Goat (http://www.rodeogoat.com/) for dinner, where I had the Caca Oaxaca, minus the cheese and the bun. It was good, but not mind-blowingly good for a burger joint which was rated the best burger in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Here's my burger below...

No comments:

Post a Comment