Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 28

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 28

Man do I love lazy Sundays. It took me a little bit of time to fall asleep last night due to what I'm attributing to a dehydration headache and the after-effects of a day of physical exertion. And I'm pretty sure my shoulder is bruised from carrying boats around yesterday. So I dealt with roughly 20 minutes of muscle soreness and headaches and then slept solidly for 9 hours, waking up at 8. It was glorious. I then relocated to the couch where I promptly started watching movies and knitting. I snacked on some unsulfured, sugar-free dried mango and some roasted, unsalted pistachios, finally making myself an actual meal around 4. It ended up being almost the same as Friday's post (Whole 30 - Day 26: http://adventurepaleo.blogspot.com/2013/09/whole-30-day-26.html), though I didn't add any mixed greens or cabbage to the egg scramble. Here it is...

Orange Bell Pepper and Asparagus Scramble
1/2 orange pepper, chopped
12 stalks asparagus, bottom inch cut off, then cut into thirds
1/2 chicken breast, grilled, then sliced/shredded
2 eggs
1 Tbls ghee
salt and pepper

1. Heat ghee in pan over medium-low heat (I used setting 4 on my stove).
2. Add the asparagus and pepper to the pan, cooking until soft. Sprinkle a couple shakes of salt and pepper to the pan.
3. Add the pre-cooked chicken to the pan (just to warm the chicken.
4. Whisk the eggs, then add to pan.
5. Cook for 3 minutes or until eggs are thoroughly cooked. Stir often.

No comments:

Post a Comment