Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Paleo Pumpkin Pie

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Pie

I told you I'm on a dessert kick...

Paleo Pumpkin Pie

2 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup + 1 Tbls cup maple syrup
2 Tbls pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, blend ingredients together.

3. Fill six small (roughly 4") ramekins to 3/4 full. You may have some left over... I'll get to that in a tick (or in tomorrow's post - link to be provided soon). Alternatively, you can use a larger baking pan, but it won't look as adorable, and you'll have to adjust baking times.

4. Bake in the oven for 25-40 minutes. Check after 25 minutes to determine if it's done. When done, a toothpick will come out clean when inserted into the center. If not, check in 5 minute intervals until the dessert is done.

5. Let cool for a few minutes, then serve. It can be served with some coconut milk on top, or just plain. Yum.
After cooling and carting to work for a mid-afternoon snack
And OMG, this is good. I think my pumpkin cravings have returned. At least I'm prepared for Thanksgiving this year. Yes, my family has already started making plans... only four months in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment