Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 19

Friday, September 6, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 19

So far this week, I've been physically active every day. On Monday I started off the day with a 6 a.m. row with my one of my double's partners for next week's regatta, followed by the club row at 7:30 a.m. On Tuesday evening, I went to Krav Maga. On Wednesday, I had another practice with my double partner, and on Thursday, I had an even club row. Today, I spent some time on the erg practicing for my regatta next week. It's been a lot of rowing for one week, and my hands are complaining. During last night's row, I got two fresh blisters that ripped open during the row, and one of those ripped-open blisters got a blister beneath it. Yep, my blister got a blister. Yikes. Anyways, despite my hands being a bit tender, it was a good week. It's nice to remind myself that I enjoy working out so much. If I could, I'd spend hours every day working out. Remember, endorphins make you happy, and I could always use more happy in my life.

Last night after crew practice, I threw together some Hot Wing Chicken Wraps. Here's how it went a 1-person serving.

3 slices of chicken breast (from the whole chicken I cooked the other day), ripped into small pieces
1 Tbls hot sauce (Franks or Tabasco)
1 tsp ghee

1. Melt the ghee in a large bowl in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
2. Once melted, stir in the hot sauce.
3. Add the shredded chicken. Toss until well coated.

4. If the chicken isn't already hot, then heat on the stove.
5. Place on large leaves of lettuce. Wrap. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment