Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: P90X - Day 13, 14, & 15

Monday, August 27, 2012

P90X - Day 13, 14, & 15

I got a nice bruise from Thursday night's archery lesson. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't look terribly pretty. The string from the recurve bow did manage to perfectly aim for and hit a scar from baking muffins.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I didn't do X Stretch on Saturday (Day 14), but technically, X Stretch is optional, so it doesn't count. At least I'm saying that it doesn't. I'm going to try to make it up later this week. Sunday was Chest and Back again. But before I did P90X, I went for a 4.4-mile run on a jogging trail near me. It wasn't too bad, minus the repeated feelings of nausea, and the lingering chest pain after. By the time I got home, the temperature had cooled down to 91F. So, naturally, I was bright red and sweaty when I walked into my apartment. It's not a great look, but I felt good for running. I walked around a bit to cool down to a point where I could bend over without getting sick, and then I started doing P90X. That's dedication. I skipped the ab workout though. I figured I did enough working out, right?

On Friday night, I hosted a Girls Night In. It wasn't entirely Paleo, so don't judge me harshly. We made spinach pasta from scratch. I didn't use a recipe, just went based on feel. We wilted some spinach and added in flour, egg, and salt in my food processor. The first batch wasn't great, but the second one turned out really well. Here's some photos from it...
First you use a rolling pin to the dough.
Then get really excited about sending it through the pasta machine for the first time on the widest setting.
Once it's a suitable thickness, you switch to the attachment on the other side of the pasta maker,
which cuts the dough into your actual strands of pasta.
Show off your handiwork, 'cause you're awesome!
We made pesto sauce to go with the pasta and "pulled chicken" (from a store-bought rotisserie chicken). Serve with salad and roasted asparagus, and here's the result:



No comments:

Post a Comment