Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Class It Up

Friday, August 3, 2012

Class It Up

LMR and I went to see a free production of Hamlet tonight. Yeah, we keep it classy. It was well done, however I was vastly confused by the use of fake guns, images of airplanes, and the use of a straitjacket. Considering the fact that the play is vaguely set in the late medieval period (which spanned the 5th through 15th centuries) and the straitjacket was invented in 1790, I'd say they took some artistic liberties... Also, in case you're like me and didn't remember this from when I first read the play back in middle school, Laertes is apparently a fighter pilot and Guildenstern is a woman. Surprise!

So I didn't go into work today because I had already worked a ridiculous number of hours this week. Instead I made my way to the nearest Trader Joe's, which is roughly 45 minutes away from my apartment (I was in the area). I miss Trader Joe's. I used to frequent the store back during my senior year at Georgia Tech. I grabbed myself some sun butter (made from sunflower seeds) and a rack of lamb that I'm super excited to try. After driving back to the city, I hung out at the pool for an hour or so to relax. Spending time outside was enough to cause a flare up in sinus pressure and my congestion, so I took a bit of nap (though I intended to watch the Olympics... oops).

After waking up I was a bit rushed to meet up with LMR and didn't have any food prepared, so I grabbed some supplies. As I ran out the door, my bag contained a large bottle of water, an apple, a fruit bar, some beef jerky, dark chocolate-covered cocoa nibs, as well as kleenex, sudafed, migraine medication, and nose spray. I was prepared to be assaulted by allergies and to be hungry while it happened, though I only ended up using the kleenex and water. LMR was better prepared... she brought a bottle of wine and two fancy plastic wine glasses. Good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment