Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: P90X - Day 10

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

P90X - Day 10

Yesterday, I slept through my first two alarms, or at least don't remember turning them off. I woke up from a dream involving some of my Houston friends and some of my high school friends. We were all at the beach, but we weren't actually in the water. The beach itself was sloped as if on the side of a dune, and we were sitting on this slope just watching the water, as if there were some show going on. A storm rolled in and we all took off running toward the front of my high school (because only the front of it somehow got transported to the beach). I remembered to grab my umbrella (why did I bring an umbrella to the beach?) as I ran for cover. Once out of the rain, I went to grab my car keys, realizing that I had left my purse on the beach. All but one of my friends had piled into a car, clown car style, and had taken off. My one remaining friend had grabbed my purse and I was literally fighting my way through the crowd to get my purse... and then I woke up. I was pissed. I was so close to getting my purse back. And I really wanted my purse.. to the point that I was knocking people over the head with my umbrella. When my third alarm went off, finally pulling me out of the world of sleep, I immediately wanted to go back to sleep so that I could finish the dream and get my purse back.

Because I was behind schedule, I skipped working out in the morning and instead just got ready for and headed off to work. I did P90X after work, which is much harder for me. I get lazy in the evenings. But last night was non-lazy night. First I did P90X Shoulders and Arms, and then I did P90X Yoga. Yeah, that's right. I just did 2 hours and 45 minutes of exercising yesterday. Go me! And I did lots of laundry. Boy, was I busy.

My eating habits are terrible right now. I didn't spend the time that I needed this past weekend to prepare food for the week. Breakfast yesterday was some blueberries and almonds. Lunch was pulled pork that I had bought from Whole Foods the night before. And dinner last night was some plantain chips. I was full, but just didn't feel great, especially after the workouts.

So something that make me chuckle yesterday was an email that my boss sent me. He's in Glasgow for meetings right now, so I had emailed him about upcoming days off. Here's his response:
Again??  But you just took off!  How is all the work going to get done?  The project will shut down without you!  The world will come to an end!
Okay, now that I have done the obligatory whining.  Sure, you can take off.
I'm glad he has a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment