Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Birthday - Happy Hour

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Birthday - Happy Hour

My work friends (because they're more than just co-workers) and I went to Yardhouse for dinner tonight where I had absolutely none of the beers of their massive selection. Instead I had gin and tonic and tequila shots, the latter at the behest of my buddy KA.

And got the Ahi Poke Bowl: "marinated raw ahi & avocado with carrots, bean sprouts, macadamia nuts & crispy wontons." Minus the bean sprouts and wontons. Like any good Paleo-ite, I scoped out the menu in advance to figure out my most Paleo-friendly options. And half of the options I was considering were tuna, so I figured I might as well stick with that. I meant to take a photo, but I was hungry and gobbled it up instead.

I want to point out for any Palo-newbies that eating out is perfectably possible. Sure I sometimes feel annoying about ordering food with special requests (burger no bun, no cheese, no ketchup, and can you wrap that in lettuce?), but in today's society where gluten allergies are becoming more well-known, most places are willing to accommodate. Just be nice about asking to hold certain aspects of the dish. And if things can't be removed, just try to eat around it, like I did with the bean sprouts with my dinner.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment