Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: P90X - Day 1

Monday, August 13, 2012

P90X - Day 1

I decided yesterday to start the P90X program again. So when I woke up yesterday morning, I changed into my workout clothes and did P90X Chest and Back. Of course this was after I shot out of bed because I thought it was Monday morning and I was going to be late for work. At least it got me out of bed and moving at 7:30 a.m. Chest and Back consists of a ridiculous amount of push-ups and pull-ups. I don't have a pull-up bar, so I used bands instead. And because I haven't done push-ups in so long, I did a lot of the push-ups with my knees on the ground. Despite my doing the "easy" version, my arms are aching from the exertion. Thus, the P90X Pain begins again...

MN, KAOS, and I went to Cafe Brussels (Belgium restaurant) for brunch on Sunday morning for their buffet, where one of the options I grabbed was rabbit sausage. Delicious! The brunch buffet came with a mimosa, two eggs, and a Belgium waffle. We all skipped the waffle because it was more than enough food without the waffle. Everything was yummy! And I definitely want to go back.

As shared over the weekend by Mark's Daily Apple, recent research has identified the existence of non-celiac wheat sensitivity using a double-blind placebo-controlled study. So you can be sensitive/intolerant of wheat products and not actually be diagnosed as celiac. For more information on celiac, check out Celiac Central. They also have a short symptoms checklist to determine if you may have celiac. It's estimated that 3 million Americans have celiac and an estimated 95% of those are undiagnosed. So look through the checklist and see if maybe you should talk to your doctor about celiac.

No comments:

Post a Comment