Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: P90X - Day 12

Friday, August 24, 2012

P90X - Day 12

I turned off my 5 o'clock alarm this morning and went back to sleep, but I did wake up before my 5:30 alarm sounded. Grumbling to myself, I changed into my workout clothes and grabbed my P90X Legs and Back worksheet before heading out the door to my complex's gym. Legs and Back as well as Chest and Back are workouts that I need to do in the gym because of my lack of pull up bar. Not that I can actually do a pull up. I could maybe hang from the bar for a while. Upper-body strength has never been my strong suit. I'm not disproportional though, with strong legs and weak arms; I do remember winning at arm wrestling against the other girls on my Varsity soccer team during an indoor-because-of-hail practice. I just feel that my arms should be stronger, to correlate with my leg strength. Does that make sense? So instead of doing the impossible (for now) pull-up, I use the lat pull-down machine to imitate the pull-up motion. The back portion of the workouts consist of reverse-grip chin-ups, close grip pull-ups, wide arm pull-ups, and switch-grip pull-ups.

Proper Pull-Up Form:

Anyways, I went to the gym early in the morning, which is probably one of my favorite times to go to the gym. Unless someone is doing the same workout as I am (which I do miss), I like having the gym to myself. The gym is my territory, at least for a little while. And if people do invade my temporary territory, they usually come after I get there and leave before I leave, so it doesn't really count. I saw a total of three people yesterday morning, with two of them only showing up five minutes before I completed my workout. I pushed myself hard enough that I was nauseous when I finished the workout. How wonderful. I survived and didn't actually get sick.

After work, I went to an archery lesson, before heading to the park for an outdoor viewing of Pretty in Pink with LMR and her boyfriend. You'd think that I'd feel like a third wheel, but any best friend's boyfriend who will watch WWE PPV with me because LMR is out of town for a conference allows me to not care about third-wheels. When I got back home, I pulled out my violin and practiced for an hour. Man I miss playing violin. Overall, it was a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment