Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: TV-free Week - Follow-up

Monday, July 16, 2012

TV-free Week - Follow-up

Summary: Do it! Give up TV for a week.

Last week I was way more productive, I got my exercising in, and I ate better because I wasn't snacking out of boredom while I slowly sank into and became part of my couch. I like watching TV, but I feel bored while I'm doing it. It's why I fidget and commentate during movies. I'm making a new rule for myself. I can only watch TV/movies if I'm exercising or watching with a friend. We'll see how long I can last. I have high hopes though. And exercising can include crunches and planks, or weights, or treadmill running.

Speaking of working out... I've been such a slacker lately. I've started working out again, but I need a routine or something to keep myself going. I'm thinking of joining crew again. And I need to start my half marathon training. Slow and steady training is the way to go. Now I just need to find some running buddies. Any volunteers? Oh, and I start archery lessons the first week of August! YAY! I've been wanting to do this for a year now. I think it stems from my love of festivals, i.e. Renaissance festivals. I know you're all thinking that I'm some über-nerd now. And maybe I am in your mind, but I consider it quite normal. I love watching jousting and playing with swords and seeing all of the cool costumes. My parents used to take me every year to the one back in Georgia and I always loved it. Plus the Texas Ren Fest is AMAZING! It's massive.

So on the headache side of things... does anyone else ever get headaches where it feels like the air around your head is crushing your head from all sides? So much so that your jaws and ears hurt too? That happened to me last night. My foam pillow was apparently too hard for my throbbing head and I ended up switching pillows multiple times (hence why I have 5 different types of pillows on my bed), taking some meds for the headache, and grabbing an ice pack from the freezer to place on my forehead. By the time I fell asleep around 1:30, I was grumpy knowing that either I would be lacking in sleep today or I would sleep through my first couple alarms. Luckily I got both. I hope y'all had a happier Monday morning than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment