Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Paleo Pumpkin Brownies

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Brownies

It's been a long week. Today I reached 41 hours of work for this week (including the day I spent at work on Sunday). I slept through both of my alarms yesterday because I was out late on Monday. I have a 7:30 meeting tomorrow morning. The back tire on my 2-month-old car is slowly losing air. I'm frustrated to say the least. So by the time I got home, I was stressed and wanted to fall back on my typical splurge on sweets stress-relief technique. I ate one of my Riesling-Pear Popsicles, but it wasn't enough, so I decided to attempt to whip up some dessert with my limited sweets. I think the sweetest things that I have in my apartment right now are fruit, dried fruit, and wine. I didn't want any of those (the dried fruit mix I have is just too sugary). It turned out okay. It's not the best dessert that I've ever baked, but it's as good as I'm going to get right now. It doesn't have a big pumpkin flavor and it gives me a slight reminder of coffee, but it's a decent dessert.


Paleo Pumpkin Brownies
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup + 2 tsp coconut flour
1 Tbls almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbls cocoa powder
1 Tbls unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
2 tsp vanilla
2 Tbls coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 Tbls honey
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix pumpkin and eggs together in one bowl, then add vanilla, coconut oil, and honey. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Put into loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment