Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Moving makes me disappear

Monday, April 30, 2012

Moving makes me disappear

You may be wondering what happened to me that kept me from posting for the last few days. Last Friday I moved into my new apartment and I cleaned everything before I moved in, including the tops of the kitchen shelves (I didn't originally intend to, but I saw just how dusty it was up there so I HAD to clean it). I hired movers for Friday evening to get all of the big stuff like my couches, table, and bed. I helped move some of the boxes and I have massive bruises to prove it.

On Saturday, some of my amazing friends helped me. The friends that show up on moving day are true friends! I have a few things left at my old place, like clothes and shoes to bring to Goodwill. LR and I still need to clean up our old place.

My new place is currently in an annoying state of unrest and messiness. I'm roughly half unpacked. I've almost finished putting all of my kitchen stuff away, but I have some work to do on my bedroom and bathroom. I realized just how much I need to finish unpacking this morning as I was getting ready and had to paw through a box labeled "Bathroom" to find my makeup and bobby pins.

I finally went to the grocery store today. I've been putting it off until after I settled in. This meant that for the past few days, I've been living off of Lärabars and nuts. I've had one bar for each meal since Friday. My stomach has not been happy with me. So today I finally cooked something. I made a taco salad for dinner: ground turkey, iceberg lettuce, green cabbage, grape tomatoes, and red bell pepper. My giant bowlful has made me very satisfied. Here's what it looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment