Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: "Breaded" Buffalo Chicken Breast

Friday, April 13, 2012

"Breaded" Buffalo Chicken Breast

Happy Friday the 13th!

I've been wanting hot wings lately. Unfortunately, I had neither hot wing sauce, nor chicken wings to cook with. So I got inventive and made a breaded chicken breast with a spicy crust. Here's what I did...

"Breaded" Buffalo Chicken Breast
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1 chicken breast
Hot sauce, optional

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix the ingredients in a bowl. Use a spoon or your hands to cover the chicken breast with your almond flour mixture. Coat the chicken breast in a little bit of olive oil first to help it stick


Bake in oven for 10 minutes on each side. Check to make sure the chicken breast is cooked through.  I added a few shakes of tabasco sauce to the final product and ate in a salad. My salad contained pumpkin seeds, walnuts, sliced almonds, carrots, broccoli, and flax seeds. I didn't use any dressing because the chicken gave the salad enough flavor. No pictures of the final result though... I was hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment