Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Where's my Motivation?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Where's my Motivation?

You know those days, the ones where you really don't feel like doing anything. Well that could easily describe my last couple days. I'm re-doing last week's P90X schedule because I missed quite a few workouts last week, though I think 3 hours of kayaking on Saturday while camping makes up for some of those. Anyways, I said I was going to be good this week. And yet I started off with a failure. Last night I came home from work fully intending to do my P90X routine. I changed. I put on my shoes. I pulled my hair back. I turned on the video. I started the workout. 10 minutes in, I sat down on the couch and watched 27 Dresses with LR. I don't know why, but I just couldn't make myself do the routine. Granted, I stayed at work until 7 p.m. last night after getting into work at 6:45 a.m., so it was a long day, but I think I've been viewing P90X as a chore instead of something to be excited about.

I did wake up at 4:30 this morning to do the entire P90X routine. And then after work I did the routine I was supposed to do today, so I'm up to date. But I'm slightly bitter about it - I really didn't want to do P90X today.

So what do I do from here? How do I get myself excited about working out? I think I need to find a workout buddy. I'm very much a team sports sort of girl and P90X by myself just isn't working for me... I really need to decide what to do after I finish P90X. I think I need something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment