Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Camping Cookouts

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Camping Cookouts

As I had mentioned last week, I went camping this past weekend. This is the second time I've gone camping in tents (girl scouts doesn't count). I was in charge of veggies and boy, did I bring it! Friday night was a veggie stir-fry with sausage. Veggies included cucumber, zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, and onions. I also brought carrots and celery, but we didn't use those in the stir fry.

Yes, we put up those tents all by ourselves. Go us!
Friday dinner
Saturday night we got the fire going and made baked potatoes (no, I didn't have any), and made individual servings of chicken and veggies in tin foil that we placed on the flames. Some parts got a little charred, but somehow the chicken managed to stay nice and moist.


No comments:

Post a Comment