Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Swedish Meatball Turkey Burgers

Monday, May 21, 2012

Swedish Meatball Turkey Burgers

I come from a family of proud Scandinavians and I identify strongly with my Swedish roots. One of the traditional dishes that my family would always have for holidays was Swedish meatballs. I'm guessing that most of you will probably think of Ikea when I mention Sweden and Swedish meatballs; I love walking through the grocery section of Ikea to get some of the candies (back when I ate candy), flatbreads (back when I ate grains), and sparkling pear juice (back when I had carbonated beverages). Huh. Apparently I shouldn't eat anything at Ikea. Swedish meatballs are usually made with ground beef and ground pork, but I only had ground turkey at home right now. So I ended up making...

Swedish Meatball Turkey Burgers
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1 Tbsp. parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste

Use your hands to mix the ingredients together in a bowl. Form into patties and broil in the oven. I did 8 minutes on each side. Serve wrapped in lettuce. I topped mine with bacon, red cabbage, and baby spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment