Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Rumspringa 1

Monday, May 7, 2012

Rumspringa 1

Yesterday, KS, SD, and I went to Cafe Adobe for a girls lunch out before going to see Avengers with a few friends. I ate chips and salsa and a taco salad (with the flour tortilla shell) for the first time since starting Paleo and let me tell you, my body was not so happy. About 10 minutes after we left the restaurant and walked over to the movie theater, my head started pounding. KS fortunately shared her Excedrin Migraine with me in time for the headache to dissipate before we went into the theater. After the movie we got burgers and beer. I got my burger sans bun and just ate it lettuce-wrapped (I'm not going too crazy with the grains).

I ate Paleo for most of the day: breakfast consisted of lots and lots of carrots, and lunch was leftover burger. This evening however, Z and I went to Star Pizza for some Chicago deep-dish pizza. It wasn't as good as Mellow Mushroom, but I do have to admit that eating pizza crust and cheese was amazing! My stomach didn't appreciate it, but my taste buds bowed down and worshiped the awesomeness of dairy and cereal grains. With their forces combined, they are Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment