Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Nap Time

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nap Time

I took a 5-hour nap today and it was amazing! This afternoon some buddies and I watched the Chelsea - Bayern München football (soccer) game. Congrats go to Chelsea for winning the UEFA Championship. Failure goes to me for falling asleep during overtime; I woke up in time for the shoot-out though. As soon as I got home after the match, I fell asleep on my couch for 5 hours. Finally getting sleep made my headache go away. I'm attributing today's lingering headache to a lack of sleep, though my body probably doesn't need a reason to have a headache.

Last night for dinner I sauteed some kale, onion, mushrooms, and spinach over bacon fat and then mixed in some eggs for a kale-veggie scramble. Here was my dinner plate:
Doesn't it look yummy?

1 Tbls bacon fat
2 leaves kale, ribs removed, and ripped into small pieces
3 mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup vegetable broth
3 eggs, whisked

Heat vegetable broth on medium heat in saute pan. Place kale into pan and cook down until kale turns dark green in color. The kale will absorb most of the broth. Put 1 Tbls of bacon fat into the pan before adding the onions and cooking until translucent. Next add the mushrooms and finally the spinach. Once the spinach is wilted (will turn dark green). Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring frequently (unless you'd rather make an omelet). Plate and top with salsa or guacamole. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment