Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Happy Cinco de Mayo

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Happy Saturday!

Last night, LR and I hosted a house-leaving party. It was our last social gathering at our old apartment so we went all out and celebrated the last year and 9 months that we lived together. It is strange not having her around in the evenings to sit down with a bottle of wine and watch one of our stand-by movies, during which we make the same comments each time we watch it (it's a tradition).

Last night I slept on a queen-size air mattress in the closet of my old apartment. Yes, I slept in my closet. Why? Well, one of my friends slept on the floor in my room and he likes to snore; I don't sleep well with noise, so I set up the air mattress in the closet and closed the door to block out the noise. I considered sleeping in my living room, but it would have been too bright in the morning, so I wouldn't have been able to sleep in. Anyways, sleeping in my closet was a great night of sleep, and kind of follows the Paleo way, in that I woke up rested instead of with an alarm clock.

Today consisted of cleaning and making sure we got everything out of the apartment. For both of us it's been a week long process. The bulk was out last weekend, but we've been stopping by in the evenings to grab a few odds and ends that had been left in the cupboards, closets, etc.

Music of the Day: Sara Bareilles - Uncharted

No comments:

Post a Comment