Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Chorizo Turkey Omelet

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chorizo Turkey Omelet

I used about 2 Tbls of the chorizo ground turkey from yesterday's recipe along with two heaping handfuls of spinach and two eggs to make a breakfast omelet. Step 1) Brown the turkey. Step 2) Add/wilt the spinach (I set my stove at "3," a.k.a. medium-low). Step 3) Add whisked eggs. Step 4) Fold in half. Step 5) Eat.


My afternoon snack was cucumber and tomato with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, seasoned with some oregano, basil, and thyme. Yummy and healthy.

I am again amazed by the food that I've been eating with the Paleo diet. Prior to starting this diet, my breakfast typically consisted of instant oatmeal at my desk at work. Don't get me wrong, my high fiber maple brown sugar oatmeal was tasty, but not very filling. Now I eat things like omelets or leftover stuffed peppers for breakfast, which contains protein and vegetables to keep me full. Good choice? I think so!

In other exciting news, KM informed me this morning that she tried out my Jamaican Jerk Beef recipe from back in early March. And in her words, "It turned out really well." Woo hoo! Someone is actually using my recipes! You may not find this as exciting as I do (I don't understand why not), but trust me, it is. I get a sense of joy and pride that y'all actually read my blog and look at all of my pretty pictures. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment