Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Happy Memorial Day!!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!!

Yes, yes. I'm a day late. It was such a great Memorial Day weekend that I didn't want to take the time to write up any posts. I spent 4 full days (and a couple partial days) in Pensacola with KM, her parents, and her friends celebrating her winging! So congrats to her for becoming an official helicopter pilot! I'm so proud and excited for her!

No, this is not the helicopter that she'll be flying.
Unsurprisingly, my headaches weren't as bad while I was there. In fact, there were even extended periods of time when I didn't have ANY headaches! Coincidence? I think not. I've frequently mentioned that my headaches are caused by stress (a.k.a work) and this past weekend was additional evidence. While I had no stress in my life, I also didn't follow Paleo. As I mentioned, my headaches weren't any worse, but I did notice that my stomach was super gurgly and I felt overly full whenever I ate dairy, such as the Caramel Apple (spiked) Milkshake that I had at dinner at Tin Cow on Friday night.

I really wish that I could conduct a full-blown scientific experiment to determine exactly which aspect of my life is causing the migraines. I want to isolate all of the variables in my life so that I can vary one at a time to deduce the individual triggers. Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that. I can't keep a set routine, because work and social activities change daily. Oh well, I'm back on Paleo, and I'm super excited about some of the recipes I'm trying this week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment