Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Rumspringa 3

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rumspringa 3

Ugh. Today I had some Jif Natural Peanut Butter Spread - Creamy (Low Sodium). It's tasty but way too sweet (my sweet tooth is shaking its enamel at me for even thinking that something is too sweet). Let me just share some of the things written on the Jif jar:
"Peanut butter spread contains 90% peanuts."
"Ingredients: Made from peanuts, sugar, palm oil, contains 2% or less of : salt, molasses."

Compare that to what I've substituted for peanut butter:
100% almonds
Ingredients: Almonds











Tell me, which sounds more appealing to you? I vote almond butter. Or even 100% peanut butter, each of which is readily available in the bulk foods section of the grocery store. With the flip of a switch you can blend it yourself! Ohhh, look at you... so talented! You can even get honey roasted peanut butter. Oh, the options!


No comments:

Post a Comment