Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: That's Just Beachy

Friday, June 15, 2012

That's Just Beachy

My parents and I are going to St. George Island for the next week. I leave today to drive to New Orleans and stay the night with my preschool buddy CA and his girlfriend. Tomorrow I'm going to Pensacola for a night, and then on Sunday I make the last segment of my journey to St. George Island.

Unless things have changed since I last went to St. George Island in 2009, there's only one small grocery store on the island, which means we have to bring food if we don't plan on eating out for every meal. I don't want to cart around food on what sums up to a 13-hour drive, so I plan on stopping in Panama City to go to a Publix or Sam's Club to pick up whatever I need. In order to figure out what I need to bring separate from my parents, I came up with a meal plan for the week.

Sunday:
--- drive to the beach ---
D- Chicken and veggies

Monday:
B - Scrambled Eggs with veggies and leftover chicken
L - Salad
D - Burgers

Tuesday:
B - Frittata
L - Leftover Burgers
D - Chicken with steamed carrots and salad

Wednesday:
B - Leftover Frittata
L - Salad w/ Leftover Chicken
D - Zucchini with Pesto

Thursday:
B - Sausage and Eggs
L - Ground Beef Taco Salad with Guacamole
D - Salmon with roasted broccoli

Friday:
B - Scrambled Eggs and leftover ground beef
L- Beef tips
D - Dinner out

Saturday:
B - Meat and veggies
--- drive home ---

My shopping list:

Proteins
Veggies/Herb
Fruits
Other
Eggs
Peppers
Avocado
Honey
Chicken
Celery
Apples
100% Orange Juice
Ground Beef
Carrots
Oranges
Wine
Sausage
Mushrooms
Lemons
Lime Juice

Spinach

Pine Nuts

Cabbage



Lettuce



Kale



Zucchini



Artichokes



Brussels sprouts



Cilantro



Basil


No comments:

Post a Comment