Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Beach Reflection

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beach Reflection


I learned a few things while I was on my vacation...
  • St. George Island is the fourth best beach in the southeast according to Dr. Stephen P Leatherman (most of the previous winners were either in Hawaii or Florida). There was a ton of seaweed when we went though, so the beach didn't look quite so nice, nor was it pleasant to be in the water with seaweed brushing against you and tangling around your legs.
  • I freak out if seaweed touches me, especially when it tangles around my legs (I was stung by a jellyfish at a young age and unseen things brushing against me in water makes me think of jellyfish). 
  • I'm slightly allergic to one of the following: seaweed, sunscreen, sunlight (sunburn), sea, or a combination of the previous. My mother and I are leaning toward sunscreen as the culprit.
  • Every time I drive to Pensacola I get rained on. Every time! And each time I leave, I encounter blue skies, which definitely doesn't match my mood at the thought of ending my visit and returning to work. That's life though.
  • Running at 10:00am in 90+°F weather and high humidity makes my feet swell and gets really uncomfortable after only half of a mile.
  • Sometimes it's best to move your mattress on the floor so you get enough support for your back while sleeping.
  • Yorkies are adorable, even when they wake you up at 1am to be taken outside.
They just got groomed today and
are now ready for the Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment