Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: 5am, How I Have Not Missed You

Sunday, June 3, 2012

5am, How I Have Not Missed You

I managed to get up at 5a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday before work last week to go to the gym (though that didn't happen Thursday or Friday). I know that doesn't sound terribly fun or exciting... well, I guess "fun" isn't really the best description either... but I'm excited to get back to working out. Plus, exercise makes me feel like I've accomplished something throughout the day, which is desperately needed when I spend 10 hours at work and feel like all I do these days is re-do things I had just finished 2 weeks ago. Progress? What's that?

In exciting exercise news, on Tuesday I just signed up for the Houston Aramco Half Marathon being held on January 13, 2013, so I'm going to have to get back into running shape. Hal Higdon Training Programs provide a few options for workout routines based on your current fitness/running level. The last time I trained was with Team in Training (TNT) though. TNT is a great idea for those who are struggling to break past the 6-mile mark (or any mileage).

Anyone want to train with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment