Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Roasted Purple Cauliflower

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Roasted Purple Cauliflower



I was meandering through the grocery store the other evening (oh, who am I kidding, I went with a thorough list of what I needed), when I found purple cauliflower. I've read blogs and seen photos of purple cauliflower, but this was the first time that I've actually seen it in person. Anyways, I decided to buy some. Once I got home, I roasted it in the oven; and OMG, it was amazing. If you haven't tried it, you should! I was snacking on it right when I took it out of the oven and it was so delicious that my mind combined wow and amazing to WOW-MAZ-ING! I know I'm kind of raving, but it was soooo good!

Roasted Purple Cauliflower
1 head purple cauliflower
2 Tbls Extra-virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F. Rinse the cauliflower and remove the leaves and stem. Chop the cauliflower into bite-size pieces (it's white on the inside). Put into gallon-size ziploc bag. Add EVOO, garlic salt, and pepper. Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.

I did the same thing with broccoli but added red pepper flakes. Again, delicious! And a little spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment