Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Paleo Popsicles

Friday, June 22, 2012

Paleo Popsicles

Last week, project management decided to reward us worker bees with ice cream. We got an email at 8 Wednesday morning saying that there would be an ice cream cart on every floor of our building (as well as our office in St. John's, Newfoundland) starting at 1pm. I tried to resist the temptation, but I ended up eating a strawberry popsicle. It was as healthy as I could get and even had strawberry chunks in it. Unfortunately, it contained sugar, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, beet color, etc. On the bright side, it did remind me of how wonderful and refreshing popsicles can be. And it led me to make my own Paleo Popsicles, which are super easy and tasty:

Orange-Berry Popsicles
1/2 cups 100% orange juice (Simply Orange)
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup blueberries

Blend ingredients together and pour into a popsicle mold. I bought a 4-popsicle mold from H-E-B for $1. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours. When you're ready to eat them, dunk the entire mold into some warm water to loosen the sides so you can get the popsicle out. VoilĂ ! A simple refreshing popsicle for the beach.








No comments:

Post a Comment