Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Almond Chicken Scrambled Eggs

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Almond Chicken Scrambled Eggs

Monday was my first full day on the beach, so I had to start off my vacation the right way. After going for a short 2-mile jog with my dad (I'm slowly working my way up to half-marathon distance by next January), I came home and made some breakfast for my mom and me (my dad chose to eat cereal for breakfast). Here's what I whipped together.

Almond Chicken Scrambled Eggs (serves 2)
4 eggs
1/2 orange pepper, cut into 1 cm pieces
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste (~3/4 tsp each)
2 tsp olive oil

Heat the olive oil over medium heat on the stove. Add the orange pepper, season with a couple sprinkles of salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes before adding the chicken. Season the chicken and pepper with paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add in the whisked eggs. Once the eggs are cooked through, plate and top with salsa (optional).

More Almond-Crusted Chicken Scrambled Eggs...

Tuesday's breakfast included 1/2 zucchini, sliced and halved, 2 cups of spinach, 1/2 of a red pepper, 1/3 of an onion, and 2 chicken breasts, sliced. Start with the onions in the pan because they require more cook time, then add, in this order: the red pepper, zucchini, and chicken, about 2 minutes apart. Mix in 6 eggs. Heap onto a plate, add a porch on the beach, and enjoy! It tastes particularly good after a three-mile jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment