Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Painting and Eating Out

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Painting and Eating Out

This past weekend my friends and I went to Vino Artino for a painting class. In the past few years wine and painting classes have become pretty popular and I've enjoyed using LivingSocial and Groupon to snag deals. Below are a bunch of pictures of us and our paintings. Before the painting class, LR, KAOS, and I went to Panera Bread for dinner. Going to Panera has made me realize how difficult it can be to stay Paleo while eating out, especially if you get tired of salads.

Speaking of which, Tex-Mex restaurants really irritate me. Here's some of the reasons why:

  1. They taunt me by putting chips and salsa right in front of me. Sometimes I really want that salsa, but I have nothing with which to eat it. And while I apparently used to drink salsa as a child when my parents and I went out to eat, I don't really have the desire to do that in public these days.
  2. Everything comes with cheese, rice, beans, and tortillas.
  3. My food options consist of:
    1. "Faijitas, hold the tortillas, cheese, sour cream, rice, and beans" (a.k.a. "meat with guacamole, please") I guess I just get tired of paying ~$20 for meat and guacamole when I could cook my own food and have more veggie options.
    2. "Salad, no cheese, sour cream, or tortilla strips/flour tortilla bowl" (a.k.a. "meat with guacamole and lettuce [and maybe tomatoes]"). 

It amazes me how different each of our paintings are.
My mom was very impressed by how precise my bridge is (thank you OCD).

I'm a fan of the trunk of my willow tree:

No comments:

Post a Comment