Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Slips, Trips, and Falls...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slips, Trips, and Falls...

The old crew (aka former trivia team)
This past weekend was what my friends and I called "Rodeo Weekend." One of my buddies plans a massive celebration pertaining to all things Rodeo. A bunch of his friends fly, drive, and taxi to his place from both in town and out of the state. This year, there were roughly 50 people who took part in Rodeo, his cookout, and the nightlife. He decorated his entire apartment to the point that it was termed the "Barnpartment," and he split us into teams in order to help us make sure we had everyone on the shuttle he rented to get us from his place to Rodeo and back. I was on team "Shoulda Been a Cowgirl," which for the most part consisted of our old crew before a couple of the guys moved away. They came back for the weekend and general awesomeness ensued.

The downside of this weekend is that I slipped up a bit. For the first time since starting Paleo, I succumbed and ate grain products (pretzel) and drank beer. Gah! My willpower for refraining from the pretzel just couldn't survive how little sleep I'd been getting last week, and the long day of working out, being in the sun, getting dehydrated, and going to Rodeo. Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it now. But I'm back on board today. And I'm going to try my darnedest not to slip again.

1 comment:

  1. It happens. You are now back on it again. You have shown a lot of will power so far, a lot more than I have.

    ReplyDelete