Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Chicken, Cabbage, and Apple Salad

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chicken, Cabbage, and Apple Salad

This recipe is based on one that I found in The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf (I varied the quantities a bit). I'm not usually a fan of cabbage, but boy does this taste good.


Chicken, Cabbage, and Apple Salad
  • 2 chicken breasts, diced
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
  • 1/8 tsp cloves
  • 1/3 head of cabbage, shredded
  • 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
  • pepper to taste
  • sea salt to taste
Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Add the chicken, allspice, and cloves; sauté until chicken is cooked. Once the chicken is done, mix it with the shredded cabbage and apple. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with olive oil (I used about a teaspoon). Eat and enjoy.

You know how I hate touching raw chicken... Well I managed to dice the chicken for this recipe without any issues. I didn't even think about the fact that it was raw chicken until I had this nice pile of diced meat. Oh yeah! I'm improving!


No comments:

Post a Comment