Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Boomerang!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Boomerang!


My buddy KA came back from a trip to Aussie country a couple weeks ago and brought me back a boomerang! Now I just need to learn how to throw one properly so I can go all hunter-gatherer in the wilds of the city! Although, come to think of it... there aren't any wilds in my city, unless you include the sketchy area around my former office building. But that's a different type of wild. I think I'll skip the hunting part of the cavegirl lifestyle; hunting my own food with a boomerang just isn't very appealing. But watch out, I'm armed with a boomerang, so don't make me mad!

All of this hunter-gatherer-ness reminds me of a poem that my friend wrote about me back in junior year of high school. It was titled "Hunter-Killer". I don't remember much about the content of the poem but I feel like this was amazing foresight on his part. And it fits that the HUNGER GAMES comes out tonight at midnight! No, I don't have plans to go at midnight, but I hope to go see the movie sometime this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment