Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Chicken Fajita Salad

Monday, March 12, 2012

Chicken Fajita Salad

What do you think of when you imagine fajitas? If you're like me, you picture that sizzling plate of chicken, onions, and peppers that the servers at Chili's carry to your table. Everyone turns to watch the sizzling plate as it's placed in front of you, along with the tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, rice, and pico de gallo. Well, I'm not doing the tortillas, the sour cream, or the rice, but the rest can be made into a nice salad.

Chicken Fajita Salad
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced
2 chicken breasts, in strips
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1/2 cup bell peppers, sliced
spring green mix (you can use shredded lettuce as well)
6 grape tomatoes (1 regular tomato will work as well)
guacamole

Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, and sauté until soft. Add the chicken and spices, tossing frequently.


Once the chicken is cooked, add the peppers, and sauté for another 6 minutes. While the peppers are cooking, slice the grape tomatoes in half and toss with the spring greens.









Add the chicken fajita mix and top with guacamole.

This was my dinner at work tonight. Sigh... late nights are very unfortunate. And daylight savings time has not been very kind to me. I couldn't fall asleep until 1am last night so I decided not to survive on 4 hours of sleep and instead set my alarm to 6 am. Yay for 5 hours of sleep! (If only there was an easy way to express sarcasm via words.) Anyways, I did my workout this evening from 8:30 to 10:00 tonight. Man, it was rough!

No comments:

Post a Comment