Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Low Point

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Low Point

Yesterday was not a great day. Work was super annoying and about as stressful as usual. As I drove home from work, I called my mom to catch up on the weekend. Unfortunately my lack of sleep is catching up to me and I’ve gotten a bit moody (though I’m trying to keep that to myself and not take it out on everyone around me). So my mom and I talked a bit about that as well, she reminded me that keeping everything inside isn’t exactly the best method either. I need to take better care of myself…

Once I got home, LR and I caught up on her weekend out of town with her bf. She was super exhausted from late flights and her awesome trip, so she went to bed early, leaving me with the living room to myself for P90X. I so didn’t want to do Shoulders, Chest, and Triceps, but I did anyways. I felt guilty for missing a few days last week, and I know that I sometimes fall into the trap of “well I missed yesterday, so it won’t matter if I slack off today as well.” So I’m going to try to double up on workouts this week to “catch up.” This morning I did X Stretch and tonight I’m going to do Plyometrics. I try to do Plyo in the evenings so that I don't wake my downstairs neighbors up at 5am by jumping around on their ceiling. Aren't I such a nice neighbor?

Anyways, I was doing P90X and was not clearing my mind and focusing solely on the workouts. Instead, I was thinking about everything that’s been bugging me lately: sleep, work, headaches, apartment hunting, car shopping, etc. I was in the midst of “two-twitch speed push-ups,” at the bottom part of the pushup, and feeling super tired and sore… and I started crying. Now don’t freak out, it wasn’t some uncontrollable sobs with hiccups or anything. This was just a handful of tears rolling off my cheeks and plopping onto the carpet a mere 2 inches under my nose (position 2 below). I couldn’t help but think “Wow. Low point.” (Get it? I actually was at the low point of the pushup. Even in my ridiculous state I had a sense of humor.) I also thought: What in the world? Since when do push-ups make me cry? I used to do much harder workouts for crew, during which I would have cried if I had the energy to do so. A few tears and a few push-ups later, I had gotten myself under control. I finished the workout and completed the entire abs workout without resting. Those 50 Mason twists won't break me, Tony Horton!
http://www.recordholders.org/images/pushup.gif 
This is the first time I've ever cried during a workout and it was an amusing event that I just had to share. I'm assuming that it was the difficultly of the push-ups that caused my emotions to pop up and say hello. And I'm happy to report that X Stretch did not cause the same reaction this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment