Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 3

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 3

Baked Herb Chicken
1-2 lb chicken breast tenders
1 Tbls lemon juice
1 Tbls olive oil
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp oregano
pinch of salt and pepper

1. Place all of the ingredients, other than chicken in a plastic bag. Seal and shake to combine.
2. Add the chicken to the bag and place in the fridge, allowing it to sit for a couple hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 8 minutes on each side. Check to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.

I ate some of this chicken yesterday in a salad, which just happened to be a red and green salad. As I ate it I was thinking it was a Christmas-colored salad. It must be the fact that I was just in Atlanta over the weekend where the weather was rainy and 65 degrees Fahrenheit and it felt like autumn. Obviously, my calendar has sped up and I'm already a few months ahead of schedule.

Christmas-Colored Chicken Salad
1 strip of Baked Herb Chicken
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
handful of grape tomatoes
2 cups mixed greens


What I'm absolutely loving these last few days is "Red Hands" by Walk Off the Earth. The music video is awesome, too. Check it out.

Here's the uncut version:

And the final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment