Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Summer Salad

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Salad

Summer Salad
2 cups mixed greens
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup chopped orange bell peppers
1 tsp flax seeds
1/2 cup lemon-herb chicken pieces

Can be eaten without dressing which is what I usually do, or whip up a Lemon Vinaigrette (1 Tbls olive oil, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, lemon zest, pinch of sea salt, 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard).

And in other news, I found this photo I had taken while I was packing up my apartment for my recent move and came across all of the presents that I've gotten from one of my best friends. See the photo below... I bet you can pick up on a theme. Anyways, I've kept them all over the years and for the most part they all get displayed on a shelf together. So all of these presents got packed into a box together. By the time I decided to take a photo of all of these, I had already packed my Nerd Chapstick and OCD Action Figure (still in its original packaging, of course), so sadly those are absent from the photo.

The bricks are "Two senior bricks fighting over a guy," with photos of the two senior guys in question. I believe these were a 16th birthday present, in return for the two bricks that I gave to her.
The cow wrapped in plastic behind Brick David is a stuffed animal that was dipped in scented wax. It can be unwrapped and left out to freshen your room. Obviously, you can see Cow-baby up front, with the cow Eiffel Tower in front of it. The box in the back is a decorated shoebox with a photo of KM and I from high school! On top is a cow planter and hand-standing cow salt and pepper shakers. The notebook in the front is a present from Prague, that KM gave me with the picture frame box just to its right. And on top of the picture box is a cow stuffed animal. Phew. That's roughly 10 years of friendship... in one photo. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment