Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 2

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 2

2 days down... 28 to go. Haven't had too many cravings today, though I did attack some pistachios with a bit more vigor than I would have liked this evening. It was a nice dessert after my evening walk with my good friend and new-ish neighbor LMR. Oh well. I was truthful and tracked in on paleotrack.com, bringing my grand total caloric intake to just about 1130 calories. I got the "Strict Paleo" designation, but I really want to work on getting "Optimal Paleo," meaning I need to aim for a 2.3:1 Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio and a 3.9:1 Potassium to Sodium ratio. I really need to figure out how to consume more Omega 3 and potassium.

Anyways, I'm sure you're all wondering what I'll be eating for breakfast this week. Well, look no further than...

Pulled Pork Egg Muffins
1 cup leftover Pulled Pork
6 eggs
1/4 green pepper, chopped
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix ingredients together and pour into an oiled/greased muffin tin (or use liners). Bake for 15 minutes. or until egg is solid.


It makes 6 muffins, so I'm covered for the next 6 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment