Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Whole 30 - Day 12

Friday, August 30, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 12

Cutting it close again tonight...

I've used most of my Whole 30 posts so far to share recipes, but I haven't really talked about what I've been feeling during the past 12 days. I honestly think that when I've had an inclination to partake in non-Whole 30 food, it's been because I wasn't prepared with appropriate snacks when I got hungry. It would be just so easy to break open that bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chip cookies... or to pick up some gluten-free almond crackers when I go to the store, but I don't because I remind myself that cheating is just me choosing momentary and fleeting satisfaction over my overall health. When I look at the big picture, I feel more motivated. It's tough to stay strong, but I think it's worth it. Don't you?

Anyways, here's one of the meals that I've threw together using the leftovers from last weekend's cooking escapades...
Leftover chicken with roasted Brussels sprouts, sautéed baby kale, baby spinach, zucchini, and orange pepper.

For wilting the spinach and baby kale, I heated 1 tsp ghee over medium heat and tossed in the greens, stirring until they turned dark green, so just for a few minutes. I chose to use ghee to add some more good fat into my diet. In a separate pan, I heated some coconut oil, before scooping in a large handful of zucchini slices with some chopped pepper. I just wanted to give the zucchini some color and get them just a little soft. I like having the dark leafy greens in there because they're just so good for you. Good omega 3 to omega 6 ratio, and good potassium to sodium, as well as working in some calcium. All good there!

Hope you enjoyed the start of Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment