Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: 21DSD Day 9 - Other Cravings

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

21DSD Day 9 - Other Cravings

Well, I haven't had too many sugar cravings during these past 9 days. I have had a few sugar desires - I wouldn't even describe them as cravings, because they haven't been that intense. Anyways, it's mainly me wanting a piece of fruit. However, the thing that I've turned to instead of fruit is nuts, which I'm not too keen about. I mean, I like nuts. Obviously, I've been eating them because I want them. But I think I want them, because I want something "sweet" or dessert-like to eat. Meaning, I think I'm just replacing fruits and sugars with nuts. Probably not the best idea. It's something that I need to work on.  I think my stomach would appreciate it. So starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to go for a few days without nuts, too. Let's summarize the things I'm not eating, shall we?

No grains
No fruits
No processed anything
No legumes
No sweet potatoes
No white potatoes
No winter squash
No cashews (yeah, they're a no-no for 21DSD)
No dairy
No alcohol
No coffee (but that's not an issue)
No soda
No soy products (I've made an exception for gum, with it's soy lecithin, due to flying. If I don't chew on gum while hurling through the atmosphere, my ears scream, I cry, and it's just an all-around bad time.)

And pumpkin is a limit food, by the way. So if you tried making the Pumpkin Cookies from the other day, go ahead and enjoy them, but remember this: limit it to 1 cup serving per day. So don't go too wild with them. You're also allowed a green-tipped banana or green apple per day, but I don't eat green apples because they make my stomach unhappy, and ... I have no reason for the banana, besides I don't want to.

Nuts and seeds and their associated butters are on the yes list, but I'm choosing to remove those for a few days. Wish me luck.

And for something that's absolutely nut-free:

Breakfast Scramble (serves 4-6, depending on your portion size)

~ 1/2 lb leftover meat of your choice (chicken in my case)
1/4 onion, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 cup cauliflower, chopped
1 bell pepper (or 3 mini bell peppers), chopped
6 eggs
2 Tbls olive oil
1/4 cup water

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the veggies and water. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add in your meat, cooking until hot.
3. Whisk your eggs in a separate bowl and then add to the pan. Stir frequently until all of the egg has been cooked. Serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment