Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: 21DSD Day 6 - Traveling

Sunday, May 19, 2013

21DSD Day 6 - Traveling

Yesterday was a busy day. I started out by waking up at 6:15 to go to crew practice, then skipping team breakfast to come home, shower, change, and pack. All before heading into work. Yes, I worked on a Saturday. Fortunately, I just put in a half day (which is 5 hours for me) and then booked it to the airport to catch a late flight out to Atlanta.

So how did I prepare for airplane travel? For snacks, I chopped up some carrots to bring with me in a Ziploc bag and I mixed together some raw almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds. I also made some Pumpkin Cookies to bring along. I know what you're thinking... cookies? On 21DSD? Either I'm cheating, or it tastes terrible. Again, I think how it tastes depends on how much sugar you've been eating lately. Since I haven't been eating any sugar for the past 6 days, the Pumpkin Cookies didn't taste so bad. They're more savory cookies anyways.

Pumpkin Cookies

1/2 cup almond butter
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 egg, whisked

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Also, line a couple baking sheets with tinfoil and spread some coconut oil over it, for easy clean-up.
2. Mix together the almond butter, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
3. Stir in the whisked egg.

4. Use an ice cream scoop or spoon to place onto the baking sheet.

5. Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before trying to remove from the pan.

And that's as sweet as you get for a 21DSD cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment