Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: 21DSD Day 4 - Temptation

Friday, May 17, 2013

21DSD Day 4 - Temptation

So I didn't manage to get this posted last night... forgive me?

Anyways, last night was probably the most I've been tempted to break the 21DSD/Whole 30 so far. I got out of my training session early so I made it on time to a happy hour in honor of one of my co-workers leaving my company and moving a few miles down the road to a different company. And do you know how lame it is to go to a happy hour and not drink? Super lame. It was fine at first, but as the evening wore on and everyone around me was drinking, it became not as much fun for me. I stayed strong against peer pressure, but it ended up with me heading home early.

Dijon Mustard Chicken
1 lb chicken breast, chopped into ~ 1" pieces
1 Tbls olive oil
1 and 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup water

1. Once you've cut the chicken, place it in a Ziploc bag with the olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, and dried basil. Let sit in the fridge for a couple hours.
2. Heat a tsp of a fat of your choice (olive oil, coconut oil, bacon fat) over medium heat in a pan. Toss in the chicken breast, cooking until done.
3. Add in the Dijon mustard, water, and lemon juice, stirring to combine. Let the mustard mix bubble around the chicken until it's reduced down to your desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment