Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Paleo Pumpkin Pudding

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Pudding

I found this recipe on Stella Cooks. So it's not an original. Anyways, here it is:



Pumpkin Pudding
15 oz pumpkin puree
2 Tbls coconut milk
2 Tbls almond butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp honey
1 Tbls maple syrup (I added this)

Mix together and chill in the fridge.

I realized while I was making the pudding that I really don't like the taste or smell of coconut milk by itself. I like it in Thai dishes and in this pudding. I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise to me. As a child I always refused to eat anything with coconut flakes in it. I hated the taste. So it's an improvement that I've managed to start to incorporate coconut into my dishes. I'll slowly work my way up to it. I didn't like almond butter when I first started eating Paleo, and now I love it and can't stand peanut butter. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment