Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: Bye-bye half marathon

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bye-bye half marathon

Well, I said last week that if my toe didn't get better I was going to the doctor. I kept my promise. Yesterday I went to the orthopedic surgeon who administered to my left ankle earlier this year. The result? Thankfully, nothing is broken. It's most likely a bone bruise. My doctor gave me a steroid pack and a foot brace thingy to wear that will keep me from putting too much pressure on my toe or bending my toe while I walk. After limping around in that thing for one day, my left shin has decided that it's jealous of the attention, so it has decided to hurt too. It's hard keeping my body happy.

Speaking of joints, I've decided that I have to switch to something with less impact. I'm 25 years old and I have joint problems now? It scares me to think of what my joints will be like 40 years from now. So, I'm going to return to crew in January. And as soon as I can I'm driving to Atlanta to pick up my rowing machine from my parents house. They've only been bugging me about it for the past few years.

And in other fun news, I've managed to catch a cold. Oh yay. Just in time for Thanksgiving vacation... and for my 6:30 a.m. meeting tomorrow. So when I went to my neighborhood Walgreens to fill my prescription, I conveniently got lost in the cold and flu area while waiting. So I picked up three types of lozenges, NyQuil, vitamin C, orange juice, 7up, and Blistex. Hopefully this will nip this sore throat/ear ache/cold in the bud.

I am not graceful about being sick. Considering all of the colds that I've had over the years, you'd think that I'd be more adjusted to feeling under the weather, but unfortunately, I managed to avoid that skill. When I'm sick, I'm sluggish, tired, and lame, and I don't smile as much which makes everyone think that I'm pissed off. I guess I usually smile a lot, so when I don't, it's noticeable. That's good, right? Overall, I guess I get grumpy, which reminds me of my cousin Austin, who, as a child, claimed:
"I don't want to be Grumpy anymore... I wanna be Dopey!"

Don't we all, Austin? Don't we all?

No comments:

Post a Comment