Google+ Adventures in Paleo-land: 5000 and Whole 30

Saturday, November 17, 2012

5000 and Whole 30

5k! That's 5000 page views. It happened yesterday. 5000!!! Amazing! Thank you so much!

In honor of this momentous occasion and in recognition of the fact that I have not been as good about Paleo lately as I ought to be, I've decided to start Whole 30. I've toyed with this idea before, and I had intended to start Whole 30 right after my birthday (back in August), but I kept finding excuses to postpone it. I was going out of town with my parents and my mom wanted to do wine tasting, it was my friend's birthday, I was stressed at work. I had lots of excuses.

So today when I was reading a bit of It Starts with Food, by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig, I was struck by a certain passage:
Start now. Today. This minute.

I'm guessing that you, like me, can always find some reason to put off starting something. And unfortunately, you can end up putting off a really good decision for you indefinitely. I felt like this line I read was speaking directly to me. So I started right then. I'm going to be good and stay good. And re-learn how to say no to my urges and whims. On my first day, when I went out to two birthday dinners tonight, I turned down all offers of alcohol and said no to foods when I didn't think that ALL of the ingredients would be Whole 30.

What you can take away from this is that it's going to be a very sober Thanksgiving..

No comments:

Post a Comment